1. To increase agricultural production and productivity through crop intensification and diversification by introducing location specific modern technology packages for south-western region.
2. To increase household income and nutritional status of small holders farm families through fruits and vegetables farming on homestead fallow land.
3. To increase household income and nutritional status of small holder farm families through fruit trees, multipurpose tree plantation and environment friendly agricultural practices and also improve the soil fertility by integrated use of organic and inorganic fertilizer.
4. To increase capacity of poor farmers in practicing modern technologies in crop production , processing and marketing through farmers group formation, development and training.
5. To ensure agricultural development through expansion of agricultural mechanization.
6. To train up extension personnel (Extension officers and staff) for updating their knowledge on different crops cultivation technologies.
7. To improve rural communication and marketing infrastructure.